Is 2017 the year for you to complete a triathlon? Develop endurance, speed and confidence specifically for multi-sport racing! If you’re serious about training for and completing a sprint triathlon, join us to train and reach your goal with a group! Coaches Anne-Marie Alderson and Mike Bauer will offer the support and motivation needed to keep you going strong.
Program Kickoff: Saturday, May 13
Training Begins: Saturday, May 13
Race Date: Sunday, August 6 (North Park Swimming Pool Area, Allison Park, PA)
Prices: $119 Premium Program or $59 Basic Program
Tri It Again Discount: $10 off for previous Just TRI It! participants (Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a special discount code!)
PROGRAM TRAINING PHILOSOPHY
Basic training plan is comprised of 6 weekly workouts (2 each swim, bike, run) with suggested add-on workout options for participants who would like to log additional training time in one or more disciplines. Expected time for 6 workouts/week not to exceed 5-6 hours.
Training plan includes thorough descriptions of all workouts. Heart rate guidelines are provided for participants wishing to train with heart rate monitor. Workouts will be a mix of base-building aerobic training and moderate/high intensity interval training. Workout plans can be adapted by ability level and variations will be provided.
Janney & The Y Sprint Triathlon at North Park DETAILS
NOTE: Race registration fee not included in Just Tri It! Program fee. Participants are responsible for registering for the race on their own. Race Registration is here.
Date: Sunday, August 6
- 700 meter pool swim (50m/length)
- 12 mile bike ride around North Park pool/Pie Traynor field loop
- 5k trail run
This year, we are pleased to offer two different coaching packages:
BASIC and PREMIUM PROGRAM AMENITIES
- Complete 12-week training plan with variations for different abilities and available training time
- Train at your own pace, on your own schedule
- Access to private Facebook group for discussion, tips, motivation & Q&A with Coaches
- Professional coaches
- Weekly newsletter of tips and information exclusively for training group participants
- Optional add-on Open Water Swimming practice at Moraine State Park (extra fee required for open water swim license/insurance)
ADDITIONAL AMENITIES – PREMIUM PROGRAM ONLY
- Race-day support from coaches
- 8 Coached group workouts/clinics scheduled to focus on specific aspects of triathlon training and race preparations:
Group runs + group check-in with Coaches to discuss upcoming workouts, connect with other Just Tri It! participants and get answers to any questions you have. Group runs will be meet on Pittsburgh’s South Side running trail under the Birmingham Bridge.
- Saturday, May 13 (7:45am) – Kickoff! Run + Coffee with Coaches!
- Sunday, June 3 (7:45am)
- Sunday, July 9 (7:45am)
2 Swim clinics to develop good form and increase efficiency in the water — North Park Pool, Allison Park PA
- Wed, June 7 (5:30pm)
- Saturday, June 17 (11:30am)
Note: Participants will need to pay their own entrance fee to pool (approx $6-8 cash).
North Park course preview day – Ride the bike course, run the 5k course… and learn about/practice transitions! Bike helmet is mandatory.
- Saturday July 15 (7:45 am)
2 Bike + run “brick” group workouts at Budd Harris Cycling Track (aka Highland Park “bike oval”) on Washington Blvd. in Pittsburgh’s Highland Park neighborhood. Bike helmet is mandatory.
- Thurs, May 25 (7:00pm)
- Monday, June 26 (7:00pm)
Tire changing & basic bike maintenance clinic
- Thurs, May 25 (6:00pm) at Budd Harris Cycling Track (aka Highland Park “bike” oval) on Washington Blvd – before group bike/run workout
PLEASE NOTE: Inclement weather (rain and/or thunder/lightning) cancels or modifies workouts at Coaches’ discretion; Make-up sessions are not guaranteed. Locations/dates subject to change.
IS THIS PROGRAM RIGHT FOR YOU?
To begin training with this program, it is recommended that…
- You can swim 200 yards continuously
- You can ride a bike for 20 minutes continuously
- You can run/walk a 5k
Questions? Contact Coach Anne-Marie Alderson at email@example.com