6-Week Healthy Reset – Virtual Group Program
Do you wish you had more energy? Do you want to make changes in your daily nutrition plan, but aren’t sure where to start? Do you want to learn about how you can improve your sense of well-being — from the comfort of your own computer?
Then, hit the RESET button starting Monday November 20.
How ‘healthy’ you feel is a factor of many variables, but by making small, methodical changes, you can notice a big improvement in how you’re feeling. During each week of the Healthy Reset program, you’ll receive two emails (one on Mondays and one on Thursdays) in which I will cover one key area of wellness, and provide strategies for participants to implement. Participants are invited to join a private Facebook group for continued support, motivation, and answers to questions that come up along the journey.
Some of the topics we will cover include…
- Healthy hydration
- Kicking the sugar/processed food habits and what to eat instead
- Macronutrients: fats, protein, carbs and why you need all of them
- Why food quality matters (organic, all-natural, grass-fed, non-GMO… what does it all mean, anyway, and where should you spend your money?)
- Mindful eating, behavioral modifications & food choices to support healthy digestion and healthy gut flora
- Gut microbiome: Learn why this is such a hot topic and how your gut flora can impact many aspects of your health
- How to get more restful sleep & create a bedtime routine that works for you
- Understanding the physiological stress response and how cortisol (the stress hormone!) impacts many areas of your health
- Identifying stress triggers & implementing tools to help you alleviate stress
- Tailoring exercise to your goals & exercising at the right level (plus, some workout ideas you can do from anywhere)
- Learn about common ingredients in cosmetics, shampoos, lotions & other personal care products that you and your family are using that are linked to hormonal health issues, fertility issues, and developmental issues, and learn how to identify safer, cleaner personal products to use
- Forming healthy habits that translate to long-term success
How to Register: Click here to enter your name & email address. Within 48 hours of entry, you’ll receive a PayPal invoice to pay for your program by PayPal account or credit card. (My webpage is undergoing some behind-the-scenes major re-construction at the moment, so a more automated registration system for programs will be coming soon. But for now, I’m using a manual method!)
Questions? Email me at email@example.com.
Ladies’ Night at Pro Bike + Run in Robinson
Tuesday, November 7 starting at 5:30pm
Details & Pre-registration: http://probikerun.com/event/ladies-night-2017/
Map & Directions – ample parking onsite
Come socialize with your friends; shop for great products from all your favorite running and cycling brands; enjoy fine food and drink and learn from guest speakers. There will be light refreshments, raffles, door prizes and more. Don’t miss out.
Anne-Marie will be giving the keynote address at 7:00pm.
CCAC Community Education Series: Hidden Stressors in Your Health lecture at CCAC North Campus
Tues Nov 14, 6:30-8:30pm
Many people struggle with common symptoms, such as fatigue, headache, bloating and digestion issues, anxiety, and insomnia. These symptoms are merely the “tip of the iceberg”; they are the manifestation of hidden stressors in our environment and within our bodies that we are not aware of, such as hormonal imbalances, inflammatory foods, and environmental toxins. Attend this lecture to learn about identifying stressors in your hormone, immune, digestion, and detoxification systems; how these stressors impact our health and sense of well-being; and how you can address them through diet, rest, exercise, stress management, and strategic supplementation.
Spring 2018: Free Group Coached Workouts at the Bud Harris Cycling Track
We had a great 2017 season of group workouts! Stay tuned for details on 2018 group workouts at the oval that will likely take place from April-September on a weekday evening. Workouts take place at the Bud Harris Cycling Track (aka the ‘Oval’ on Washington Blvd in Highland Park), but may be cancelled in event of inclement weather. Map & directions.
All workouts are time-based rather than distance-based, so all athletic levels are welcome and will start/finish together. Helmets are required. Meet other area triathletes, get some training and racing tips, and have fun! All workouts are free and last approximately one hour, including dynamic stretching warm-up.
For a listing of upcoming, confirmed group workouts including Oval workouts, visit my Facebook Events Page.
Group Coaching Programs
Just TRI It! Janney & The Y Sprint Triathlon at North Park – Group Coaching Program. If you’re new to triathlon or want to give it a first “tri”, this is the program for you! Train to complete a 700m swim, 12 mile bike, and 5k trail run with a structured training plan, organized group workouts/clinics with coaches, and a private Facebook forum for questions, training tips, and motivation.
For information about Group Programs in 2018, stay tuned or contact me for more information.