6-Week Healthy Reset Group Program
Do you wish you had more energy? Do you want to make changes in your daily nutrition plan, but aren’t sure where to start? Do you want to learn about how you can improve your sense of well-being in a fun and relaxed group atmosphere?
Then, hit the RESET button with 6 weeks of group health coaching sessions, conversation, and accountability me over breakfast and coffee at IO Deli in Mt Lebanon.
How ‘healthy’ you feel is a factor of many variables, but by making small, methodical changes, you can notice a big improvement in how you’re feeling. During each week of the Healthy Reset program, I will cover one key area of wellness, provide strategies for participants to implement on their own, and answer questions. Participants will receive breakfast, take-home materials and recipes with their class purchase. Participants are invited to join a private Facebook group for continued support, motivation, and answers to questions.
Week 1 – Wednesday, October 25th: Nutrition Basics, Part 1
- Kicking the sugar/processed food habits and what to eat instead
- Intro to macronutrients: fats, protein, carbs and why you need all of them
Week 2 – Wednesday, November 1st: Nutrition Part 2 + Digestion/Gut Health
- Upgrading your pantry & eating a “metabolically efficient” diet
- Behavioral modifications & food choices to support healthy digestion and healthy gut flora
- Gut microbiome: Learn why this is such a hot topic and how your gut flora can impact many aspects of your health
Week 3 – Wednesday, November 8th: Sleep Habits
- Why we need sleep & how not getting enough sleep can sabotage our health/fitness goals
- Tips for getting more restful sleep
- Creating a bedtime routine that works for you
Week 4 – Wednesday, November 15th: Stress management
- Understanding the physiological stress response and how it impacts other areas of your health
- Identifying stress triggers
- Tools to help you alleviate stress
Week 5 – Wednesday, November 29th: Appropriate exercise
- Activity vs. Exercise: What’s the difference?
- Tailoring exercise to your goals & exercising at the right level
- The importance of varying the intensity of exercise (plus some ideas for workouts!)
Week 6 – Wednesday, December 6th: Clean Skincare/Personal Products
- Learn about common ingredients in cosmetics, shampoos, lotions & other personal care products that you and your family are using that are linked to hormonal health issues, fertility issues, and developmental issues
- Learn how to identify safer, cleaner personal products to use
Ladies’ Night at Pro Bike + Run in Robinson
Tuesday, November 7 starting at 5:30pm
Details & Pre-registration: http://probikerun.com/event/ladies-night-2017/
Map & Directions – ample parking onsite
Come socialize with your friends; shop for great products from all your favorite running and cycling brands; enjoy fine food and drink and learn from guest speakers. There will be light refreshments, raffles, door prizes and more. Don’t miss out.
Anne-Marie will be giving the keynote address at 7:00pm.
Spring 2018: Free Group Coached Workouts at the Bud Harris Cycling Track
We had a great 2017 season of group workouts! Stay tuned for details on 2018 group workouts at the oval that will likely take place from April-September on a weekday evening. Workouts take place at the Bud Harris Cycling Track (aka the ‘Oval’ on Washington Blvd in Highland Park), but may be cancelled in event of inclement weather. Map & directions.
All workouts are time-based rather than distance-based, so all athletic levels are welcome and will start/finish together. Helmets are required. Meet other area triathletes, get some training and racing tips, and have fun! All workouts are free and last approximately one hour, including dynamic stretching warm-up.
For a listing of upcoming, confirmed group workouts including Oval workouts, visit my Facebook Events Page.
Group Coaching Programs
Just TRI It! Janney & The Y Sprint Triathlon at North Park – Group Coaching Program. If you’re new to triathlon or want to give it a first “tri”, this is the program for you! Train to complete a 700m swim, 12 mile bike, and 5k trail run with a structured training plan, organized group workouts/clinics with coaches, and a private Facebook forum for questions, training tips, and motivation.
For information about Group Programs in 2018, stay tuned or contact me for more information.